Friday, July 25, 2008

These Colors Aren't Pastel, Are They?

I wanted to experiment with using my pastels in a looser, more colorful way. How could I use less detail, but still show the viewer what I wanted to show? See what you think.

"Luminous Flux" won 3rd prize in the Mooresville Artist Guild's spring show in 2007. It sold at their Blue Moon Ball fundraiser.

This piece is called "Sept-Ember". It is 8" x 10" and is done on Wallis paper. My son asked, "Why are the trees blue?"

"Nap at Logan Pass" is a colorful piece that was chosen as a purchase award in the Lake Norman Art League's fall show in 2007.

This small (5" x 7") painting was entered in the Lake Norman Art League's postcard contest sponsored in part by the Arts and Sciences Council. I was awarded an honorable mention.

No comments: