Sunday, July 27, 2008

More Pastel Paintings

This piece is called "Sugar Cane Blues " and it has been a winner for me. It is from a picture I took on a trip to Haiti in 1984. I won first prize in the Appalachian Pastel Society and 2nd place in both the Lake Norman Art League and Mooresville Artist Guild Shows.

"Max Patch Trail" shows the view from the Appalachian Trail in this section of North Carolina near Hot Springs. It is 11 x 14" on Amersand Pastel Board. The photo was not great so I used the opportunity to add to it-like all the clouds in the sky and the atmosphere in the distant mountains.

A spot on the coast of Wales provides the inspiration for this painting. I found the design and the texture of the rocky coast of interest. This pastel is called "Isle of Fecundity" and is 12" x 18" on Wallis paper.

No comments: